Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Local action

Yesterday evening I attended a town hall meeting put on by 8th District Representative Tim Ackert, who also lives in Coventry. I asked him to state his position on climate change. His answer, paraphrased, was that he didn't pay much attention to it. Wrong answer. I think his constituency should be aware of his positions and where he gets them, so I am posting two things.

and one slide from his presentation.


The first thing I noticed was that he was using the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) as a source of information. You can check the rest out yourself. Once I see ALEC I cringe. Here is one of their articles EPA’s Regulatory Train Wreck.

His view that Connecticut's Earned Income Credit should be reduced by a third also offended me. He knows my son, who works as an advocate for Connecticut Department of Developmental Services. Tim, would you care to look him in the eye and explain the reasoning behind why you want to reduce a program that he and others like him benefit from? His income is in the 4 figures range. Everyone else. Look at the picture on DDS's home page. Would you cut their benefits?

I cannot support Tim Ackert as I see very little in his positions that I feel represent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment