Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When is a church not a church?

When it's not a catholic church.

OK, this really gets my goat. I'm a recovered catholic. I attend a Unitarian Universalist meeting house (not a church) when I attend anything. I consider myself pagan and Druid (the educated at that time). Christianity pushers are snake oil salesman. Give me your money and I promise you everything. Be happy with your poverty and you will get your rewards later. Are you sure? Have faith. Have faith in an organization that killed anyone who didn't have faith. That destroyed knowledge because it didn't match their teachings. Infallible pope? Sun revolving around the Earth and no apology to Galileo until he was dead a few hundred years. Virgin birth?...Yeah sure. Try pulling that today. Papal infallibility? Have you read what some of these demented despots have done? Killing millions of midwifes and herbalists as witches. I'll stick with the "old time religions", anything that predated the old testament. Yes, pagans were ignorant, not stupid. They explained things with the best explanations they had. When science came along they used it to update. Tracking the distant heavens while christians were still claiming the sun revolved around the Earth.

So, do I accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior? No, Jesus Christ is just something I yell when I hit my thumb with a hammer.

What a bunch of bullshit!!!

Pope Says Other Churches Not True, Document Also Asserts Orthodox Are "Wounded" - CBS News

No comments:

Post a Comment