Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

How to Stop the Dilbertization of IT: Let IT Be More than Firefighters

So I can get a job.

I have been in IT since 1972. I left an insurance co the first time I was being Dilbertized. Now I consider insurance to be legalized gambling where the house always wins. I went broke trying to run my own business. Gave my services away. Then I went to a university to have meaningful work and it happened again when the university hired a CIO from the corporate world. I'm broke again and looking for a job. I will only work for a non-profit now. If the work can't be meaningful, the cause can. I've applied to the UConn foundation and I'm applying to another non-profit. Ahh, for the days when a programmer was allowed a say in the decision of what the computer could do for the organisation. Now it's the businessperson.

How to Stop the Dilbertization of IT: Let IT Be More than Firefighters

No comments:

Post a Comment